It's called the XShot. The name is as simple as it is to use. You will forever change the way you take pictures, or at least the way you have others take pictures of you. It's clever and fun to use. Makes me wonder, "Why didn't I think of that?"
Here are some exciting details of the XShot, as found on their website:
• Extends to 37” / 94 cm
• Closes to 9” / 22.9 cm
• Fits all compact cameras
• Fits easily in pocket
• New support for heavier cameras
• New variable length positioning
• Fun and easy to use!
• Eliminate awkward photos taken at arms length
• Capture full background and scenery
• Freedom to take a picture anywhere without asking a stranger
• With the XShot it looks like someone else took the picture
• Take pictures from unique angles
• Easy film making for online videos and journals
• Make videos with 3D effect
• XShot Weight: 5 oz (142g)
• Extends to: 37" / 94 cm
• Closes to: 9" / 22.9 cm
• Max Camera Weight: 1.25 lb (570 g)
• P / N: XS2379
I gave the XShot a try to see if it 'extended' my passion for photography. Here's a look at me testing the product out (video appears to have technical issues with speed and voice...working on it):
Here are the pictures taken with the XShot:
WITHOUT the XShot
WITH the XShot
Here is why I like the XShot:
- Compact ~ I can place it in my purse and take it wherever I go. This is convenient when going on vacation as well. No more bulky tripods.
- Affordable ~ At only $29.95, the XShot is a smart investment. You could even gift it to your friends and family.
- Easy to use ~ Even if I did not have instructions, I would easily be able to remove the product from the package and begin using it
- Convenient ~ You no longer have to bother a stranger to take your picture. Now, you are the photographer wherever you go.
My only complaints about the XShot is the adjustment process. You will have to play around with the XShot to find the perfect position for the camera and your arm. Some of my photos still revealed my arm being extended. But, with a little practice, the XShot will become a constant companion. Look at all the great places your XShot can go:
• Traveling • Hiking
• Family Photos • Camping
• Honeymoons • Kayaking
• Parties • Fishing
• Concerts • Rock Climbing
Let's be safe and go with EVERYWHERE!
I discovered the XShot in Modern Bride magazine. You can check them out on the website, http://www.xshotpix.com. If you use Twitter, be sure to follow them @XShot.
Want to purchase a XShot, click here for United States orders, here for Canadian orders, or here for International orders.
Check back for a giveaway of the XShot in a next week or so.